MAINTENANCE & INSPECTION PROGRAM
Because the long
term should not be left to chance, the decision by an owner to select
a roof maintenance program must be viewed as a financial investment.
SRI can provide extended maintenance and identify potential problems
to extend the life of your roof. New roofs should be inspected at least
twice a year.
In order to properly care for the roof, an owner should:
1. Limit and control access,
2. Avoid abusing the roof
3. Have semiannual and special inspections conducted,
4. Perform routine maintenance
5. Have repairs undertaken immediately.
Following a survey of the roof, and upon entering into a three-year
Preventive Roof Maintenance & Inspection Agreement, SRI schedules
semiannual visual inspections. Early detection of leaks and roofing
system failures makes it possible for repair to extend the life of a
roofing system. Inspection includes maintenance of the following items:
1. Check all roof
flashings and perform minor repairs as needed i.e. caulking or re-attaching
2. Check all penetrations, including filling pitch pockets if required
3. Check all expansion joints, and perform minor repairs as needed
4. Report any apparent condition that would cause deterioration of the